Friday, January 4, 2013

Quick Idea #1


Ok... So here is quick idea number #1. I know it is the beginning of the year and we are all excited new songs, new theme, and some new kids! A month or two in we might start suffering from "I don't know what to do" syndrome. Well here is an idea... Kacey, who has an A-MAZING 1st grade blog posts calendar number cards well we can use these for primary! What I do is I cut them out (Yes, I have all the seasons i.e... Valentines Day, St. Patrick's Day, September-going back to school, Halloween... well you get the point.) and laminate them and then I use these for matching games. I put the songs underneath them and have the kids call out 2 numbers and check to see if it is a match. I love them because they have the numbers on them so they can call out the number from their chair and saves time not having the kids get up and down and move all about... I of course put the songs we are practicing, sometimes even by verse and other fun songs. I do put a couple of free choices underneath so they can choose! Happy Prepping for an amazing year!

Download here... http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/search/label/calendar


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this! I think I will do a matching game for this fourth Sunday this month - I may keep it as an option for the fifth Sundays as well - I have talked to my president and we have decided to do an "All music" sharing time/singing time on the fifth Sundays

    ReplyDelete